So for Thanksgiving Break, my family took a trip to go visit my grandparents. It's an eighteen hour car ride. Guess what I was doing for eighteen hours?
Reading.
If you've read through some of my other posts, you'll know that Cassandra Clare's book, City of Bones, was kind of disappointing in my opinion. I haven't changed my mind about that. However, I found the next two books in the series at the library and read them both in the car.
I fell in love.
The second book, City of Ashes, continues the conflict between the Shadowhunters and the notorious Valentine who, we have just discovered, is also Clary's father.
How fun for her.
To make matters worse, someone or something is murdering Downworlder children. Is it Valentine? And if it is...why is he doing it? What purpose could he have?
Needless to say, this book was absolutely amazing. Whatever it was that turned me off when I read City of Bones was completely made up for in the sequel. The love triangle aspect was played out beatifully; there was the perfect amount of romance. I didn't get bored with it because there was too much, but I wasn't constantly screaming for more either.
Did I mention they're also making movies out of this series? If you're interested (like I am) here's the trailer for
No comments:
Post a Comment