A- People who love it
or
B-People who hate it
There's somewhat of a middle ground, but very few people I've asked claim to be in it. I am though. I loved the plot line... at times. And I liked some of the characters. Except for Bella. She was irritating. Plus, there was a little too much romance. I reached a point where I was like, "Okay, I get it, they're in love. Can something exciting happen now? Please?"
But Twilight is not what I'm here to review. Stephanie Meyer has actually written a book that so surpasses Twilight that I'm amazed it's just now being made into a movie. The Host is one of my all time favorite novels. It's set in the future. Aliens have overtaken the planet and are being placed in our bodies so that we no longer have control over them. The book is written from the point of view of Wanderer, one of the alien creatures who has come to Earth. When she is put into her host body, she expects everything to go smoothly. But Melanie, the human who originally inhabited the body is still there. Trying to keep her memories safe from the creatures, Melanie blocks them out by concentrating on the face of Jared, the man she loves. Wanderer finds herself inexplicably drawn to Jared as well, and together, they set off on a quest to find him.This book was written so much better than Twilight was. At the end of the book, I didn't find myself hating any of the characters. I was actually in love with every single one of them. Though Ian was definetely my favorite. There was romance in this novel, but not so much that I was bored by it. Plus, it was intriguing the way Wanda felt herself being pulled between Ian and Jared. And Melanie's jealousy was so real and so easy to imagine. Overall, this is a fabulous book. Five out of five stars, no questions asked. Will I be going to see the movie when it comes out?
You bet.
One more random thing: I found this blog a while ago and though you all might apreciate it. It's called 'May Every Word Tell' and it's actually what gave me the idea to start this blog. If you're trying to find books for younger readers or want strategies for getting your kids to read, you should click here to check it out! You can also find it under the tab "Want To Know More?"
No comments:
Post a Comment