Are you in search of a good book to read? I review YA and children's novels in hopes that everyone will enjoy reading as much as I do. Check it out!

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Land of Dreams

The author of Pillage, a phenomenal book series that I've already reviewed on here, has written another series that I love. Leven Thumps, by Obert Skye is about a fourteen year old boy named Leven whose life is turned upside down by the appearance of a mysterious creature named Clover. Clover claims to be a sycophant from the land of Foo, which is basically a dreamland. Leven discovers that he is an offing-someone who can see the future. Journeying to Foo with them is Winter, a girl who has the gift of ice, and a talking toothpick named Geth (can't say any more there; you'll have to read the series if you want to know what I'm talking about!).

The characters in this book are very deep and exciting to read about. The world of Foo is rich and detailed. You'll find yourself scrambling to the library to find the sequel to this book, I guarantee it! The plot lines are incredible too. Overall, this book gets a five star rating from me.

The series includes: The Gateway to Foo, The Whispered Secret, The Eyes of the Want, The Wrath of Ezra, and The Ruins of Alder.

No comments:

Post a Comment