Are you in search of a good book to read? I review YA and children's novels in hopes that everyone will enjoy reading as much as I do. Check it out!

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Entwined

The book Entwined, by Heather Dixon is a version of the classic fairytale The Twelve Dancing Princesses. Dixon tells the story of Princess Azalea and her eleven sisters, whose mother has just died. Their father, the King, is becoming distant and is leaving for war soon. What the princesses love more than anything is dancing. But with their castle in mourning, they are forbidden from doing so. Then they find a magical courtyard where the are free to dance to their heart's content. The guardian of the pavilion, Mr. Keeper, invites them to come back every night. But the girls may have made a dreadful mistake; you see, the thing about Keeper is that he likes to keep things.

Dixon has written an amazing book. I honestly hope that she will write a sequel, though with the way she ended it, I doubt that she will. This is one of those books that make you lose track of the time because you're so absorbed in it, which is what I love about it. I just finished this book, and I would retread it right now if I didn't feel obligated to have new material to review on here. If you enjoy fairy tales or retakes on fairy tales, you should definitely try this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment