Are you in search of a good book to read? I review YA and children's novels in hopes that everyone will enjoy reading as much as I do. Check it out!

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Memoir to Remember

Then comes the awkward moment when you realize that you have only posted negative reviews for the last month. I have to apologize guys. I promise that I have several good reviews planned and I'll get them out here as soon as possible!

So this is my first review of a non-fiction book. I know, I know; it's crazy. I don't like non-fiction. It just doesn't interest me as much as an impossible land with mythical creatures and humans with crazy powers. Does that make me biased? Maybe. But this book was....there aren't even words to describe it people. It was epic. Touching. Heartbreaking. Sad. Amazing. All at the same time.

What are the odds right? Anyway, my mom brought it home from the library and I remembered her talking about the woman who wrote it (it's a memoir, by the way) so I decided I was going to put down Found (the book I was in the middle of) and read it real quick. It's short; only a couple hundred pages. It tells the amazing true story of Stephanie Neilson, whose life changed forever when she was in a horrible plane crash. Over 80% of her body was burned. She was in a coma for four months, during which time they didn't know if she was going to make it. Heaven is Here tells the story of her life before the accident, the struggle she went through while healing, and her life afterwards. This woman is probably one of the most incredible people in the world. Yeah, I cried while I read this book.

You will too. I promise.

If you're interested in reading her blog, the address is nieniedialogues.blogspot.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment